Friday 22 June 2012

Day 14: Tain to Tonge

Today was split into two halves.

The B&B I stayed at last night was lovely. I had a very large, tasty breakfast.

Then it was time to leave and brave the weather. The headwind was so strong that at one point I was very nearly blown of my bike and under a passing bus. I was a bit shaken at that point. The rain and wind continued until I reached Lairg. I stopped for lunch; roast lamb.

After I left there and headed north, the traffic thinned, the road got narrower and I saw nothing for 30 miles. 10 cars passed me in this time. One was an ambulance and another a hurse.

Suddenly the sun came out and I noticed that I was in the middle of a bowl of clouds swirling around me, kind of like the eye of a storm. It was very surreal. I made it to Tongue about 6pm. Very hungry and tired.

1 day left!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment