Monday 18 June 2012

Day 10: Biggar to Stirling

Today was my shortest day in miles, but currently moral is at an all time low.

I'm in Scotland and even though I'm now two thirds of the way through I'm coming into the highlands, which mean long difficult climbs, and as I'm carting all my own kit it's a long struggle.

I am physically and mentally tired now and I am missing everyone at home.


The journey from Biggar to Stirling was not too bad. Mostly flat with great views, I even got stuck at one point behind some sheep in the road. About 20 away from Stirling I had to make a rapid climb as there was a mountain between me and my destination. After spending over an hour climbing, mostly walking I made it to the top.


Stirling is a nice looking city with lots of castles. In fact I'm sleeping in one tonight. My spirits were lifted when a group of cyclists I keep seeing invited me to dinner with them and gave me some energy supplies and boosted my confidence.

There is no giving up now as I have come this far. Onwards and upwards I guess.

2 comments:

  1. You've done so well! Not much longer now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete