Tuesday 19 June 2012

Day 11: Stirling to Glencoe

Going from the low yesterday, today was the best day so far.

I started by having a big fry up with a man from Belgium. I decided to leave the tent I was carrying behind to a man at the hostel for a little donation to Naomi House.

Leaving Stirling with half the weight I got a good speed on mostly flat roads. After an hour I had stopped for a cup of tea and sandwich which was given free by the lady as I was there for charity. Before long I had company with some of the riders I had dinner with yesterday. I stuck with them for most of the day. I picked up a good pace and in great time we were half way and stopped for lunch, which one on the cycling group brought for me. As we were all going to the same place tonight they offered to take my bags in their support car and I took up the offer.



Later we crossed into the highlands which I had driven through before but on a bike going slow you can look at the amazing views on show. I was so struck by what I was seeing the day flew past, and so did the miles. There was a very strong headwind at points but I powered through it.

I wandered for dinner with the other cyclists and tried both haggis and venison for the first time. They were alright.

Today was the best day so far. Great views and great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment